Fleek LLC originally conceived the Plug and is in charge of distributing its open source code and interfaces. The Plug extension is fully open source; however, this does not provide access to the Plug brand and image trademarks/licenses.
We take the usage of our brand and service trademarks very seriously, as it is our responsibility to ensure all Plug users whether Fleek LLC is the entity behind a service or website; and that the resources, platforms, services, and open source code/software that is shared represents unmodified Plug software.
These trademark policies affect the Plug brand, and associated image, logos, websites, and content. Want to ask for permission to utilize our branding, or report a misuse? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You are allowed to:¶
(Without explicit concent)
- Use Plug's brand or trademarks to refer or link to official and up to date resources, open source repositories, interfaces, or Plug services.
- Use Plug's brand to refer to community-driven modifications or updates, specifying its original source and derivation from Plug's original resource.
- Use Plug's image and logo to communicate, inform, or share information (as an external, non affiliated source) regarding Plug and the Open Internet Services’ functioning.
- Use Plug's logo on integrated software or Internet Computer applications to specify an integration to Plug's services, or link to them. Which doesn’t in turn imply an official sponsorship or endorsement from Plug, which can’t be claimed without permission.
- Use Plug's brand and trademark.
- Use Plug's logos for the aforementioned uses, without modifying them other than in scale.
You are NOT allowed to:¶
- Use Plug's branding, image, or trademarks on fraudulent websites, services, products, software or open/closed source code of any type.
- Use Plug's brand or image as your own, have it overshadow your own brand, or intend to deceive users to believe a non-affiliated brand or product is Plug (similar names, modified but similar imagery, etc.)
- Use Plug as a claimed sponsorship, endorsement, or claim any type of unauthorized affiliation (such as creating fake profiles, alleged partnerships or products), utilizing Plug's trademark and brand.
- Modify Plug's brand and trademarks.
- Commercialize or distribute Plug's brand, image or logo in any shape or form.