Welcome to Plug 👋
Welcome to Plug's developer documentation. Learn how to integrate Plug into Internet Computer applications to provide seamless onboardings and transactions with a user's Principal ID wallet.
Plug is a browser crypto wallet and identity/authentication provider for the Internet Computer, compatible with ICP, and soon with cycles and any Internet Computer token. Read our blog to learn all about it!
- Visit our website to get Plug's latest version.
- Visit our community and jam with the team in our Discord
- Follow us on Twitter to stay updated with Plug's development.
Download Plug from browser stores or GitHub
Migrating Wallet Funds from V0.2.0 to V0.2.1.¶
As of V0.2.1, Plug migrated its curve from Ed25519 to SECP256K1. This means that the cryptographic curve used to import/create identities in Plug (e.g. the curve used to calculate your Principal ID from your seed phrase) is changing.
Users with a wallet created in Plug V0.2.0 or before need to create a new wallet in this Plug version and migrate their funds, because they can’t import their old wallet (since the curve change, the seed phrase would output a different Principal ID/key pair).
If you had no funds in your Plug wallet yet, you can skip this process and just create a new wallet.
Review Plug's code, submit proposals, or submit issues for the team to review.
Why Plug? What is different?¶
Plug aims to solve several points of friction on the Internet Computer for both developers and users.
For users? It means having one main wallet (your Principal ID) in your browser to manage all your assets (Cycles/ICP/tokens, NFT's, etc.) and to log into any IC app. No need to worry about having separate wallets for different apps and tokens, or having multiple identities per device/app (like you would when using Internet Identity).
- Log into IC apps from your browser in one click using the same Principal ID.
- Manage, send and receive all your IC assets from one place, with one ID.
- Save contacts (aka name ID's) in a local storage address book.
For developers? It will help offer seamless web/app experiences on the Internet Computer, handling authentication and wallet connection for their users. The same experience a Dapp user would expect on Ethereum, but built for the Internet Computer.
- Authenticate users, and their balances, in one click with just a Principal ID.
- Trigger transfers or transaction requests to user's wallets from apps.
- Query and display a user's balances in the app.